We are offering browsing and holds pickup to current Faculty, Staff, and Students.
Email response: Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Browsing and holds pick up: Mon-Thur 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Now Open for Browsing!
Happy summer! We are delighted to announce that the library is now open for browsing and holds pickup from 11 am - 3 pm, Monday - Thursday. We will continue to be available via email Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5:30 pm for your other library needs.
- Although masks are no longer required for fully-vaccinated people, we encourage you to continue to wear one when in common areas.
- You may continue to request materials for holds pickup by emailing email@example.com.
- Library access is only for faculty, staff, students, and alumni. No public or visiting researcher access at this time.
- There will be no access to computers, scanners, or printers in the library during the summer. Please contact the Help Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance locating these resources.
- Group study rooms are not accessible at this time.
- Eating and drinking is not permitted in the library.
- Due to distancing and capacity requirements, the library can not accommodate class visits. Please encourage students to visit during our browsing hours or make appointments for virtual research consultations.
- If you have materials to return, you may do so any time the building is open.
Requesting Material for Holds Pickup
If you want to limit your time in the library, you can request specific material for holds and we will pull them for you. To request holds:
- Search the library catalog to find the items you would like to check out.
- Email us at email@example.com with a list of your requested materials.
- Once your items are ready to pick up, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Pick up windows are Mon - Thur: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm, or by appointment.
Same-day pick up is not available.
Returning Library Material
Library material can be returned to the return slot to the left of the library doors any time the 511 building is open. If you are unable to physically return material, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to work out other arrangements.
Academic Support Center
The library’s Academic Support Center (ASC) is PNCA’s research and study support network. Library staff and subject specialists collaborate with current students to build skills and confidence in research, writing, and academics through one-on-one appointments. We help prepare students for a lifelong practice of ethical information seeking, evaluation, creation, and sharing with an emphasis on understanding and honing one’s own approaches to learning.
Students in need of more in-depth and complex assistance can get help from our subject specialist. ASC appointments range between 30-45 minutes on Zoom. Each student can book two appointments per week with library staff and subject specialists. Email us at email@example.com or find out more here: https://library.pnca.edu/asc/academic-support-center.
If we don’t own an item that you need, we are able to request it from another library. We are able to request articles, physical material, and in some cases eBooks. Due to COVID-19, requests may take longer than usual or not be available. Please submit requests at: https://library.pnca.edu/services/interlibrary-loans
We welcome your purchase requests for material that would benefit the PNCA community. Please submit requests at: https://library.pnca.edu/services/purchase-requests
To find out how to access computers, printers, and scanners on campus, check out the Technology Homeroom site.
The library study rooms are not available for use, but the Technology team has put together a new system for reserving other rooms on campus. You may make reservations at: https://pnca.edu/reserve